Document T-SQL Code and Extract Comments for all objects in a database.
A full write up can be found here
Here is a short explanation of what T-SQL Code Documentor does:
Consumes the supplied Definition text (See MVC Section below)
- Using RegEx search for any text in the HTML/XML format <Tag>Some Text</Tag>
- Validate that all tags have matching Opening and Closing tags.
- Read the text between the tags and do a bit of scrubbing.
- Return a Markdown formatted string.
I have a separate MVC project:
- It provides a connection string and reads all the objects (Schema, Name, Type and Definition)
- It then Calls the T-SQL Code Documentor ExtractTagContents method for every object
- Create a Markdown Heading for every Object
- Append the return string from ExtractTagContents
- Return an HtmlString to the View.